Sunday 27 April 2014

A bit modified new carry spectacle case

I have modified the carry spectacle case a little bit,
and I am now happy with the design!
The tab I wasn't happy with has been changed into a leather loop.

And the flap closes with this cute drop shape leather tab.

I have changed the shape of the flap a little bit and made it back to 2 flaps from 3.

2 flaps can be folded flat when using on your desk.

When you want to put it in your bag after work,
insert one flap inside like this

and close the other flap with a leather tab.

The end of your glasses sticks out a bit, but

you can't pull it out as it is wrapped with the first flap.
I wanted to keep the height of the case a bit lower than the spectacle
because it is much easier to take glasses out of the case
when it's not completely hiding inside the case.

You can easily pick it up by holding the end loop.

The loop is so handy you can even hang it on your wall!

I have made 5 of these new ones for the Bazaar!

I'll be working on the ipad cases today.
From using the ipad case on my own ipad,
here are some features that I have found very useful.

I have the Ipad 2 which is very heavy compared to air or mini,
but this small handle makes it so much easier to carry it around.
When I search for recipes in the kitchen,

I always put my fingers through this handle,

open the flap

and use it like this, fixed onto my hand.
This way there's no "oops" incidents.

Also, when you carry it in your bag often,
the case will become more protective of the pad.
Really!

For example, see this ipod case used by my husband.
He carries it everywhere everyday,

and the case has curved the edges around the pod
as to protect it from harm.
My husband has dropped it one day, and it didn't damage the pod at all.
I am very happy with the functionality of my creations!
Hope you are too!

No comments: