Thursday 31 January 2013

Portable display shelves and print smear

I'll be having a stall at the St Hilda's Bazaar this May
and decided I need to have a proper shelves to display my work.
The shelves I made last time was a disaster, so I have designed a totally different type of shelving units.

The first shelf is this big step shelf for my big bags.

It can be folded flat and is very light as it's made by a light foam board.
I used the 5mm thick white foam board from Jacksons.

**

The second shelf is this standing shelf to display my iphone cases.

This can also be folded flat.

**


And the last one is the angled shelf to display my small purse bags.

It tilts a bit so it is easy to see all bags.
This can also be made flat.

All I need now is my sign boards and my bags!

**

I am making a collage to make an ipod case for my cousin
and came across the problem of


(Sorry, I just had to do it.)
Yes, Smear, not Smeg.
Although Smear is a smeg...

Moving on!

I found this great blog about tips on preventing smear of the inkjet printed prints,
and I tried freezer tip, but


terrible smear....

Then I tried the oven tip, and



still a terrible smear.

Well, only best thing  left for me to do seems "to buy a can of acrylic spray".

I hesitate it because it's not very healthy..
Spray goes everywhere,
And the can is just too big for such a small project of mine.

Then,
I noticed that I have a big roll of


and thought this may do the trick!
I ironed a small piece of this onto the printed paper,
then I peeled off the backing,
then, I carefully painted the mod podge.


and




No Smear!!!!!

I am so happy now that I don't need to buy a spray!
But before I go jumping around,
I have to test it with resin first.
I just hope it works!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One thing i like the most about portable display is that this portable display idea is easy to implement.
brochure holders

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful blog, Given so much info in it, These type of blog keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ...

portable tables | Miradisplays | http://www.miradisplays.com