Wednesday 15 June 2011

Summer top with double cotton gauze

I've made this very roomy summer top for my friend.
I wanted to make something different, so I added "meisen" patches on it.
Hope she likes it!

Since the parcel is going to Japan, I wanted to send something else with it.
Then I saw something on the popular Japanese handmade blog, and decided to make one myself.
The basic idea is from her blog, but my version is a bit different.
Her creation is much more elegant!

First you buy one of these sponges.
I bought this cheap one long time ago, and haven't been using it.

I used one and half of this sponge, and wrapped it with a waterproof fabric like this.

Then I sew on the soft side velcroe onto the sponge like this, and the other side of velcroe on a tab.
It's better to have the soft side velcroe long.

When it's done, you just wrap it around your umbrella, and
twist it in this wrap to dry it.

You can keep it wrapped like this.

It's really handy when you go to work by public transport.
It will get quite packed inside the bus or train, and having a wet umbrella with you is quite annoying for everyone.
If you have this wrap, you can dry it as well as keep it out of people's way.

A very good idea from "Shufu no mishin" blog!

No comments: