Thursday 16 December 2010

Left handed wallet


This is the wallet I made and sold 2 days ago.
I noticed that I have made it in the wrong way.
Normally, when you open your wallet, the tab will come to your right.

This opens like this, which means it will open upside down if you are right handed.
The lady who had bought this wallet was left handed, and when she handled it, she had told me that it feels right.
I had never considered how the left handed people are using things that are made for right handed people, and that is making things a bit awkward for them.
She has also never considered that there could be a wallet made for left handed people, and when she examined my "upside down" wallet, she was very pleased that it felt very natural to her.
It was quite an interesting discovery that I may go ahead and make another "upside down" wallet, and see if anyone else may be interested!

No comments: