Monday 11 May 2009

Sashiko granny boston bag


This sashiko granny boston is now in Etsy until 14th May.
I have always wanted to design a bag with a simple sashiko stitches, but never came up with a design that I really like.
This design has came to me 2 days ago, and so I have started off by stitching sashiko on this antique Hungarian linen.
Then I hand painted blues and reds as I feel like, cut them out with my instinct, placed them in places with my feeling, and then chose matching fabrics.
I always enjoy designing bags from fabric, but it is very time consuming and the inspiration never come easily. I hope it does come more frequently since I really enjoy the work.


I have stitched a kanji "Ame" (meaning rain) for the front blue drop design, and


"Haru" (meaning spring) to the back pink drop design.

No comments: