Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Liberty patchworked bag -

I had been too lazy to update this blog, again...
But, this is for my own benefit to continue write blog entries, so I like to start writing on this blog again, hopefully, more frequently.

This is the latest sewing box I have made.
The fabric I used for the bottom of the box is Lucien.
It was bought for me by my mum when she was travelling in Europe.
The cross stitch is done, again, on the European linen.


This is the recent bag I have made, and it's in Auction now.
This gorgeous patchwork is of the Liberty, of course, and I have matched the cross stitched linen in the middle. The other side has the same patchwork and the cross stitch in pink.
This bag has a zipper main room in the middle, and magnet fastned pockets on both sides.
There are small pockets inside these side pockets.
I have designed it so the contents of the bag is always organised.


This is the basket shaped toto bag which I have made with hand quilting.
I have used quite a thick batting for this, but wasn't thick enough.
So my mum has given me the quilt batting she bought long time ago, and had never used it.
It is much more thicker, and I tried to find it in Spotlight, but couldn't find the same one.
I hope I can find it somewhere by the time I use up the ones I have now.
But in the mean time, I have used this new batting on the bag below.


The patchwork is all Liberty cotton, and the big floral print cotton is the interior cotton I found on Sale in the Spotlight. The print is quite beautiful and unique with a large lilly in pastel colours.
I have used the vinyl fake leather (brown) on the bottom and on the handle to give it a nice contrast in colour.
The bag is on Auction now.

No comments: